Aphrodite Baroque Pearl Earrings (Double Pearl)
or make 4 interest-free payments of $32.25 AUD fortnightly with More info
Named after the Greek goddess of love and beauty, Aphrodite is a true wonder. Featuring large baroque, teardrop-style freshwater pearls and 14k gold fill secure hoops, she is perfect for a bold bride or for the forward-thinking vintage lover.
- Length: 15 mm hoop, 6-7cm pearl drop
- Comes with 4x genuine baroque freshwater pearls, two for each hoop (pearls are irregular in size)
- Material: 14k gold fill, tarnish resistant, safe in water
- Flex hoops, 15mm, secure & made with 14k gold fill to be kind to your ears
- Handmade for you in our studio in Melbourne
- Free shipping & gift-wrap available
Gold-filled is the closest alternative to solid gold. Gold filled jewelry has a thick layer of solid gold bonded onto the base layer, usually brass or sterling silver. Compared to gold plated which uses a process of electroplating that quickly dips your jewelry in gold, resulting in a miniscule layer of gold, gold-filled is much more durable and long lasting.
There are 3 basic levels of gold jewelry. Solid gold, gold-filled, and gold plated.
- Solid gold contains the most gold, with 24 karat gold containing 100% gold. Gold-filled jewelry typically contains 5% solid gold in weight, while gold plated contains about 0.001% solid gold in weight.
- The process of making gold filled jewelry is much different to gold plated jewelry. Gold plated uses an electroplating process that quickly dips your jewelry in gold. With gold-filled, the thick layer of gold is pressure bonded onto the base metal, resulting in a very strong and durable ‘plating’.
- Gold-filled lasts 10x more than gold plated, making it hypoallergenic for those who cannot wear gold plated. Longer life times mean you are also producing less waste and saving money over time from having to buy more cheap jewelry.
- Read our blog post for more in depths explanation on gold-filled!
See our COVID-19 Updates here.
AUSTRALIAStandard delivery (3-6 business days) for orders <$49 - $6.00
For orders $49-$99, standard delivery (3-6 business days) is free of charge.
For orders over $99, your order is shipped express (1-2 business days), free of charge.
For orders under $99, express shipping (1-2 business days) is only $10.00.
All domestic deliveries are shipped through Australia Post. Tracking is available. Should you require signature upon delivery please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
INTERNATIONALStandard delivery (5-14 business days) - $10.00
For orders over $80, standard delivery (5-10 business days) is free of charge.
All international deliveries are shipped through DHL and comes with tracking. We do not offer express delivery to international destinations at the moment.
Estimated international shipping times can be found below.
New Zealand: 3-5 business days
North America: 7-12 business days
Europe: 5-12 business days
Asia Pacific: 5-12 business days
Everywhere else: 7-14 business days
View our full care guide here.
The earrings are gorgeous but the pearls have what look like small scratch marks allover😢
I suspect that might have happened during the delivery process as they were loose in the box.
You can't see the scratches when you have them on though and they still look amazing!
As usual, S-kin Jewelry creates the most stunning, golden hour glistening pieces. I love every single piece I've bought from this shop! They've become my most treasured staples, this includes the signet ring, pearl bracelet, earrings and necklaces. Thank you, Chi! x
True craftsmanship and pride in your trade. Keep up the excellent and creative designs!