Adelina Flat Choker Necklace
The Adelina choker necklace is a flat chain that is perfect for layering with your longer necklaces. With a flat, snake-like appearance that's perfect for a more chic look. Made in tarnish resistant 18k gold fill, so you don't have to worry about getting it wet.
- Thickness 3mm
- Two lengths available; 14 inch / 35.5cm in length, with 1 inch extender, or fixed 18 inch / 45cm chain
- Flat liquid chain made in 18k gold filled
- Tarnish resistant, hypoallergenic, safe for sensitive skin
- We recommend to keep Adelina flat at all times, she is delicate and cannot be repaired. It is important not to bend or twist the chain, and when stored she must be laid flat. We do not recommend sleeping in this chain.
About Magnolia + Iris
Inspired by the beautiful rich history of our own families, and forever inspired by our grandma's jewellery box, Magnolia + Iris is a dedication to our mothers and grandmothers. With reminiscent designs incorporating our love for all things vintage, we hope this collection sparks happiness and joy to your own journey with your mothers and grandmothers.
Gold-filled is the closest alternative to solid gold. Gold filled jewelry has a thick layer of solid gold bonded onto the base layer, usually brass or sterling silver. Compared to gold plated which uses a process of electroplating that quickly dips your jewelry in gold, resulting in a miniscule layer of gold, gold-filled is much more durable and long lasting.
There are 3 basic levels of gold jewelry. Solid gold, gold-filled, and gold plated.
- Solid gold contains the most gold, with 24 karat gold containing 100% gold. Gold-filled jewelry typically contains 5% solid gold in weight, while gold plated contains about 0.001% solid gold in weight.
- The process of making gold filled jewelry is much different to gold plated jewelry. Gold plated uses an electroplating process that quickly dips your jewelry in gold. With gold-filled, the thick layer of gold is pressure bonded onto the base metal, resulting in a very strong and durable ‘plating’.
- Gold-filled lasts 10x more than gold plated, making it hypoallergenic for those who cannot wear gold plated. Longer life times mean you are also producing less waste and saving money over time from having to buy more cheap jewelry.
- Read our blog post for more in depths explanation on gold-filled!
See our COVID-19 Updates here.
AUSTRALIAStandard delivery (3-6 business days) for orders <$49 - $6.00
For orders $49-$99, standard delivery (3-6 business days) is free of charge.
For orders over $99, your order is shipped express (1-2 business days), free of charge.
For orders under $99, express shipping (1-2 business days) is only $10.00.
All domestic deliveries are shipped through Australia Post. Tracking is available. Should you require signature upon delivery please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
INTERNATIONALStandard delivery (5-14 business days) - $10.00
For orders over $80, standard delivery (5-10 business days) is free of charge.
All international deliveries are shipped through DHL and comes with tracking. We do not offer express delivery to international destinations at the moment.
Estimated international shipping times can be found below.
New Zealand: 3-5 business days
North America: 7-12 business days
Europe: 5-12 business days
Asia Pacific: 5-12 business days
Everywhere else: 7-14 business days
I love the necklace so much. You can layer it so well with others and can wear it with anything. Looks stunning! Thank you so much!
Absolutely stunning, sits right on the collarbone so it’s perfect for laying with other necklaces. Definitely worth the splurge
Lovely quality and not glaringly gold the way some snake chains can be! Chi was kind enough to add a ~3inch extension, and I love the option of wearing it as a choker OR necklace! One end of the necklace arrived with the links the tiniest bit crooked, and I hope sturdier shipping boxes (compared to envelopes) will help prevent even the tiniest bit of damage for future orders!
The necklace is gorgeous but just a touch too short. I had to get an extender. It also gets tangled up if I try to layer it so I can only wear it by itself. However I absolutely love the look.
A great layering piece and I always get so many lovely compliments when i wear it.