Adelina Flat Choker Necklace
or make 4 interest-free payments of $36.75 AUD fortnightly with More info
The Adelina choker necklace is a flat chain that is perfect for layering with your longer necklaces. With a flat, snake-like appearance Adelina is chic and classy. Made in tarnish resistant 18k gold fill, she is made to last and can be worn in water.
- Thickness 3mm
- Two lengths available; 14 inch / 35.5cm in length, with 1 inch extender, or fixed 18 inch / 45cm chain
- Flat liquid chain made in 18k gold filled
- Tarnish resistant, hypoallergenic, safe for sensitive skin
- We recommend to keep Adelina flat at all times, she is delicate and cannot be repaired. It is important not to bend or twist the chain, and when stored she must be laid flat. We do not recommend sleeping in this chain.
About Magnolia + Iris
Inspired by the beautiful rich history of our own families, and forever inspired by our grandma's jewellery box, Magnolia + Iris is a dedication to our mothers and grandmothers. With reminiscent designs incorporating our love for all things vintage, we hope this collection sparks happiness and joy to your own journey with your mothers and grandmothers.
Gold-filled is the closest alternative to solid gold. Gold filled jewelry has a thick layer of solid gold bonded onto the base layer, usually brass or sterling silver. Compared to gold plated which uses a process of electroplating that quickly dips your jewelry in gold, resulting in a miniscule layer of gold, gold-filled is much more durable and long lasting.
There are 3 basic levels of gold jewelry. Solid gold, gold-filled, and gold plated.
- Solid gold contains the most gold, with 24 karat gold containing 100% gold. Gold-filled jewelry typically contains 5% solid gold in weight, while gold plated contains about 0.001% solid gold in weight.
- The process of making gold filled jewelry is much different to gold plated jewelry. Gold plated uses an electroplating process that quickly dips your jewelry in gold. With gold-filled, the thick layer of gold is pressure bonded onto the base metal, resulting in a very strong and durable ‘plating’.
- Gold-filled lasts 10x more than gold plated, making it hypoallergenic for those who cannot wear gold plated. Longer life times mean you are also producing less waste and saving money over time from having to buy more cheap jewelry.
- Read our blog post for more in depths explanation on gold-filled!
See our COVID-19 Updates here.
AUSTRALIAStandard delivery (3-6 business days) for orders <$49 - $6.00
For orders $49-$99, standard delivery (3-6 business days) is free of charge.
For orders over $99, your order is shipped express (1-2 business days), free of charge.
For orders under $99, express shipping (1-2 business days) is only $10.00.
All domestic deliveries are shipped through Australia Post. Tracking is available. Should you require signature upon delivery please contact email@example.com.
INTERNATIONALStandard delivery (5-14 business days) - $10.00
For orders over $80, standard delivery (5-10 business days) is free of charge.
All international deliveries are shipped through DHL and comes with tracking. We do not offer express delivery to international destinations at the moment.
Estimated international shipping times can be found below.
New Zealand: 3-5 business days
North America: 7-12 business days
Europe: 5-12 business days
Asia Pacific: 5-12 business days
Everywhere else: 7-14 business days
View our full care guide here.
Low quality base metal, NOT sterling silver like I originally thought. I’ve owned this necklace for over six months and everything was looking great, until yesterday when I was working out and I started to notice a strong metallic scent coming from the necklace. To be fair the description doesn’t say specifically what kind of metal the gold is layered upon and it’s my fault for assuming that the base was silver, but it is misleading since in the FAQ it basically said it was one material or the other (one brass, a cheaper metal used for costume jewelry and the other silver, which is a precious metal). I automatically assumed it was the latter because of the higher price. Nevertheless, the lack of transparency and is off putting and disappointing. This was a product I originally loved to wear every day and believed would last for years to come, and it has revealed itself to be made of low quality materials that I wouldn’t want to buy in the first place. If I’m wrong about anything I apologize… but I would find it hard to believe this is made of silver because neither silver NOR gold smell.
Love the length, looks, quality and the packaging the necklace came in. All in all a top 5 star experience!
Absolutely stunning, fit me lovely as i prefer the choker style, and the gold is divine. The quality and packaging was absolutely gorgeous too!
I received the product within 4 days!
Great service and communication. FAst shipping within the week
Gorgeous necklace, perfect for layering. Definitely needed the extension and glad i bought it as it would be quite tight without it