Jules Medallion Necklace
Feminine but fierce, Jules is becoming our favourite gold number along with our other layers on rotation. She features a round St Christopher medallion, and a fixed oval tag sitting atop our fine gold filled chain. An every day staple for a woman who loves all things vintage.
- Size: 17mm pendant on a 20 inch gold filled cable chain
- Material: 14K/20 Gold Filled pendant & gold filled chain / Sterling Silver pendant & Sterling silver chain
- Hypoallergenic, nickel free, not easy to tarnish, safe for sensitive skin
Gold-filled is the closest alternative to solid gold. Gold filled jewelry has a thick layer of solid gold bonded onto the base layer, usually brass or sterling silver. Compared to gold plated which uses a process of electroplating that quickly dips your jewelry in gold, resulting in a miniscule layer of gold, gold-filled is much more durable and long lasting.
There are 3 basic levels of gold jewelry. Solid gold, gold-filled, and gold plated.
- Solid gold contains the most gold, with 24 karat gold containing 100% gold. Gold-filled jewelry typically contains 5% solid gold in weight, while gold plated contains about 0.001% solid gold in weight.
- The process of making gold filled jewelry is much different to gold plated jewelry. Gold plated uses an electroplating process that quickly dips your jewelry in gold. With gold-filled, the thick layer of gold is pressure bonded onto the base metal, resulting in a very strong and durable ‘plating’.
- Gold-filled lasts 10x more than gold plated, making it hypoallergenic for those who cannot wear gold plated. Longer life times mean you are also producing less waste and saving money over time from having to buy more cheap jewelry.
- Read our blog post for more in depths explanation on gold-filled!
See our COVID-19 Updates here.
AUSTRALIAStandard delivery (3-6 business days) for orders <$49 - $6.00
For orders $49-$99, standard delivery (3-6 business days) is free of charge.
For orders over $99, your order is shipped express (1-2 business days), free of charge.
For orders under $99, express shipping (1-2 business days) is only $10.00.
All domestic deliveries are shipped through Australia Post. Tracking is available. Should you require signature upon delivery please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
INTERNATIONALStandard delivery (5-14 business days) - $10.00
For orders over $80, standard delivery (5-10 business days) is free of charge.
All international deliveries are shipped through DHL and comes with tracking. We do not offer express delivery to international destinations at the moment.
Estimated international shipping times can be found below.
New Zealand: 3-5 business days
North America: 7-12 business days
Europe: 5-12 business days
Asia Pacific: 5-12 business days
Everywhere else: 7-14 business days
I’ve bought earrings and had no problems and decided to get two necklaces and this one broke the first day I used it. I tried fixing it on my own but couldn’t because it broke on the small chain part. I contacted Chi and she never replied.
The necklace was nice but definitely did not look like something worth the amount I paid for it. The quality was just not that great and looked more like a relatively cheap market purchase than anything else, I will unfortunately not be purchasing from this website again in the future.
Super pretty necklace IRL and is perfect for layering. The custom support at Skin is also the best! Answers quickly and they are very very helpful, even when having 1000 questions 🙈
Love love love!