Aphrodite Baroque Pearl Earrings (Single Pearl)
or make 4 interest-free payments of $29.25 AUD fortnightly with More info
Named after the Greek goddess of love and beauty, Aphrodite is a true wonder. Featuring large baroque, teardrop-style freshwater pearls and 14k gold fill secure hoops, she is perfect for a bold bride or for the forward-thinking vintage lover.
- Length: 15mm hoop, 25-30mm baroque pearl drop
- Comes with 2x genuine baroque freshwater pearls, one for each hoop (irregular in size)
- Material: 14k gold fill, tarnish resistant, safe in water
- Flex hoops, 15mm, secure & made with 14k gold fill to be kind to your ears
- Handmade for you in our studio in Melbourne
- Free shipping & gift-wrap available
Gold-filled is the closest alternative to solid gold. Gold filled jewelry has a thick layer of solid gold bonded onto the base layer, usually brass or sterling silver. Compared to gold plated which uses a process of electroplating that quickly dips your jewelry in gold, resulting in a miniscule layer of gold, gold-filled is much more durable and long lasting.
There are 3 basic levels of gold jewelry. Solid gold, gold-filled, and gold plated.
- Solid gold contains the most gold, with 24 karat gold containing 100% gold. Gold-filled jewelry typically contains 5% solid gold in weight, while gold plated contains about 0.001% solid gold in weight.
- The process of making gold filled jewelry is much different to gold plated jewelry. Gold plated uses an electroplating process that quickly dips your jewelry in gold. With gold-filled, the thick layer of gold is pressure bonded onto the base metal, resulting in a very strong and durable ‘plating’.
- Gold-filled lasts 10x more than gold plated, making it hypoallergenic for those who cannot wear gold plated. Longer life times mean you are also producing less waste and saving money over time from having to buy more cheap jewelry.
- Read our blog post for more in depths explanation on gold-filled!
See our COVID-19 Updates here.
AUSTRALIAStandard delivery (3-6 business days) for orders <$49 - $6.00
For orders $49-$99, standard delivery (3-6 business days) is free of charge.
For orders over $99, your order is shipped express (1-2 business days), free of charge.
For orders under $99, express shipping (1-2 business days) is only $10.00.
All domestic deliveries are shipped through Australia Post. Tracking is available. Should you require signature upon delivery please contact email@example.com.
INTERNATIONALStandard delivery (5-14 business days) - $10.00
For orders over $80, standard delivery (5-10 business days) is free of charge.
All international deliveries are shipped through DHL and comes with tracking. We do not offer express delivery to international destinations at the moment.
Estimated international shipping times can be found below.
New Zealand: 3-5 business days
North America: 7-12 business days
Europe: 5-12 business days
Asia Pacific: 5-12 business days
Everywhere else: 7-14 business days
View our full care guide here.
Another gorgeous piece, light weight enough that it doesnt drag your ears down and a great size. Great for a super classic look. 10/10
Beautiful piece, made with love. Well designed, handcrafted earrings. Just like how I pictured it.
Thank you, Chi.
I’m glad I made the right choice to support local. Keep it up girl!
All the best!
Seriously the best upgrade to my jewelry reservoir. It’s perfect for everyday work outfits and also stunning for a night out! Love them so much I had to send for the matching necklace!
These earrings are crafted to perfection! The pearls glow with such a magical iridescence under any lighting, so it'll be sure to catch anyones eye! For the size of the pearls, they're fairly light and barely noticeable, (unless you're moving your head around like crazy) and I haven't had any bad reaction to the materials used! I absolutely adore the craftsmanship Chi puts into creating these stunning pieces, truly great quality and value for what it's worth!
Beautifully constructed, handmade pearl earrings. A really special piece of jewellery. Love supporting a great small business like s-kin studio.