Solid Gold Amelia Marquise Ring
Solid Gold Amelia Marquise Ring
or make 4 interest-free payments of $193.50 AUD fortnightly with More info
The Amelia Marquise Ring features a delicate thin band that is adorned with a gorgeous marquise shaped moissanite set in a cluster of stones.
All rings are made to order and take between 5-6 weeks to create.
To enquire about our Solid Gold Diamond Rings, click here.
materials & dimensions
- Band is available in 9K Solid Gold. 14K Solid Gold or 18K Solid Gold
- Band Dimensions: 1.1mm width, 1.2mm depth
- Moissanite: Cut: Excellent Colour: D, Clarity: VVS1
- Moissanite Dimensions: 8 x 4mm, Weight: approx. 0.5carat
Learn more about our Gemstone Certifications
THE GOOD STUFF
STORY BEHIND THE DESIGN
Inspired by the incredible American aviation pioneer and author, Amelia Earhart, this ring reminds us that anything is possible when you strive for your best. AMelia was known for setting numerous flying records and pioneering women's participation in aviation in the 1920's - 1930's. She was the first woman to ever fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean and also become the first person to ever individually fly from Hawaii to American mainland soil. Like Amelia, we hope this ring makes you feel fearless and ready to take on anything life throws at you.
What is Moissanite?
Discovered by a French doctor who came across the metal at a meteorite site in 1893, moissanite is a rare, naturally occurring mineral made from silicon carbide.
Natural moissanite is very rare and only found in a few places on earth, such as tops of volcanoes. Upon his discovery Dr Moissan spent the rest of his life trying to recreate it in lab-grown environments. In the 1990's, the mineral was able to successfully recreated by thermally growing silicon carbide crystals and introduced in the market.
What is Diamond?
Known as the hardest substance on earth, diamond is a mineral formed when carbon is exposed to extremely high temperature and pressure.
The diamond is known for its extremely durable nature, scoring a 10 on the Mohs Scale of Hardness. Diamond is highly resistant to breaking, chemical changes & environmental changes. Its eternal appeal is why diamonds are a great investment and are often passed down generations.
Cut, Clarity, Colour and Carat
These factors help determine the grade of each stone and thus their value. However, even if a stone has the highest grade across all C's, it does not mean it is better or the best stone for you. Use the grading system as a useful tool to help find the most suitable diamond or moissanite for you.
Gold-filled is the closest alternative to solid gold. Gold filled jewelry has a thick layer of solid gold bonded onto the base layer, usually brass or sterling silver. Compared to gold plated which uses a process of electroplating that quickly dips your jewelry in gold, resulting in a miniscule layer of gold, gold-filled is much more durable and long lasting.
There are 3 basic levels of gold jewelry. Solid gold, gold-filled, and gold plated.
- Solid gold contains the most gold, with 24 karat gold containing 100% gold. Gold-filled jewelry typically contains 5% solid gold in weight, while gold plated contains about 0.001% solid gold in weight.
- The process of making gold filled jewelry is much different to gold plated jewelry. Gold plated uses an electroplating process that quickly dips your jewelry in gold. With gold-filled, the thick layer of gold is pressure bonded onto the base metal, resulting in a very strong and durable ‘plating’.
- Gold-filled lasts 10x more than gold plated, making it hypoallergenic for those who cannot wear gold plated. Longer life times mean you are also producing less waste and saving money over time from having to buy more cheap jewelry.
- Read our blog post for more in depths explanation on gold-filled!
See our COVID-19 Updates here.
AUSTRALIAStandard delivery (3-6 business days) for orders <$49 - $6.00
For orders $49-$99, standard delivery (3-6 business days) is free of charge.
For orders over $99, your order is shipped express (1-2 business days), free of charge.
For orders under $99, express shipping (1-2 business days) is only $10.00.
All domestic deliveries are shipped through Australia Post. Tracking is available. Should you require signature upon delivery please contact email@example.com.
Standard delivery (5-14 business days) - $10.00
For orders over $80, standard delivery (5-10 business days) is free of charge.
All international deliveries are shipped through DHL and comes with tracking.
Estimated international shipping times can be found below.
New Zealand: 3-5 business days
North America: 7-12 business days
Europe: 5-12 business days
Asia Pacific: 5-12 business days
Everywhere else: 7-14 business days
View our full care guide here.