La Luna Pendant Necklace
or make 4 interest-free payments of $22.25 AUD fortnightly with More info
The crescent moon symbolises many things in different cultures, but in Italy, this symbolises the changes and renewal of the world, like seasons, tides, and life and the after world.
- Pendant: 10 x 10 mm, 9K Gold Filled
- Chain: 16 inch Rolo chain, 18K Gold Filled
- Tarnish resistant, hypoallergenic, safe for sensitive skin
- Made ethically in Mumbai, India
Gold-filled is the closest alternative to solid gold. Gold filled jewelry has a thick layer of solid gold bonded onto the base layer, usually brass or sterling silver. Compared to gold plated which uses a process of electroplating that quickly dips your jewelry in gold, resulting in a miniscule layer of gold, gold-filled is much more durable and long lasting.
There are 3 basic levels of gold jewelry. Solid gold, gold-filled, and gold plated.
- Solid gold contains the most gold, with 24 karat gold containing 100% gold. Gold-filled jewelry typically contains 5% solid gold in weight, while gold plated contains about 0.001% solid gold in weight.
- The process of making gold filled jewelry is much different to gold plated jewelry. Gold plated uses an electroplating process that quickly dips your jewelry in gold. With gold-filled, the thick layer of gold is pressure bonded onto the base metal, resulting in a very strong and durable ‘plating’.
- Gold-filled lasts 10x more than gold plated, making it hypoallergenic for those who cannot wear gold plated. Longer life times mean you are also producing less waste and saving money over time from having to buy more cheap jewelry.
- Read our blog post for more in depths explanation on gold-filled!
See our COVID-19 Updates here.
AUSTRALIAStandard delivery (3-6 business days) for orders <$49 - $6.00
For orders $49-$99, standard delivery (3-6 business days) is free of charge.
For orders over $99, your order is shipped express (1-2 business days), free of charge.
For orders under $99, express shipping (1-2 business days) is only $10.00.
All domestic deliveries are shipped through Australia Post. Tracking is available. Should you require signature upon delivery please contact email@example.com.
INTERNATIONALStandard delivery (5-14 business days) - $10.00
For orders over $80, standard delivery (5-10 business days) is free of charge.
All international deliveries are shipped through DHL and comes with tracking. We do not offer express delivery to international destinations at the moment.
Estimated international shipping times can be found below.
New Zealand: 3-5 business days
North America: 7-12 business days
Europe: 5-12 business days
Asia Pacific: 5-12 business days
Everywhere else: 7-14 business days
View our full care guide here.
I am in love with my new little La Luna necklace. So delicate and pretty. Love the sparkly eye too, a nice surprise. Thanks also for the speedy service and delivery and also for the lovely handwritten note. Can't wait to shop with you again.
Absolutely beautiful, seems to glow on its own against my skin. The moon had a small gem in the eye which I did not expect, very pretty. Seems very durable and well made. Love that the company has a sustainable initiative.
I ordered this necklace kind of on a whim, and it immediately became my new favourite. It is smaller than I expected it to be, but that's perfect. It's so light on the skin I don't even notice I'm wearing it most of the time (not like some of my other necklaces that I can definitely feel on my neck by the end of a long day.)
It took about a month to arrive in Canada, but that's to be expected with holiday deliveries and the pandemic.
Another bonus is because the pendant is fixed to the chain, the necklace clasp never slides down to the front so it never needs to be readjusted!
It arrived way faster than expected! This piece is light as a feather, is as described on the website and looks great. Would definitely be buying again :)
Exactly what I was hoping for! The necklace is so cute and stacks nicely with others