Violet Necklace (February)
Part of our Bloom Collection, inspired by the many women who bloom flawlessly in their own ways. A celebration of all the women, whom we love so dearly, and their very world.
February | Violet
The Violet woman is a lifelong companion, someone that will undoubtedly be by your side through thick and thin. She’s someone you can tell your deepest secrets to and someone you can count on for words of wisdom. Don’t underestimate a violet’s small, heart-shaped petals. Its striking blue-purple tones are undeniably eye-catching; you know you can’t miss a Violet woman. Violets were first cultivated by the Ancient Greeks for wine, food sweeteners, medicine and as an ingredient in love potions. They’ve evolved to represent a wealth of attributes, from modesty to loyalty to humility. With its delicate petals and flirty scent, a Violet woman is a pioneer of truth. The purple petals are thought to send a message, whispering, “I’ll always be true” to those closest to her.
- Handmade & individually hand stamped in our Melbourne studio. Please note there are imperfections and variations with each pendant due to the handmade nature, making each pendant unique.
- Size: 19mm 14k gold filled removable pendant, 3mm garnet cubic zirconia affixed on chain
- Length: 20 inch / ~50cm 18k gold filled chain
- Tarnish resistant, ethically made in Melbourne, Australia
Gold-filled is the closest alternative to solid gold. Gold filled jewelry has a thick layer of solid gold bonded onto the base layer, usually brass or sterling silver. Compared to gold plated which uses a process of electroplating that quickly dips your jewelry in gold, resulting in a miniscule layer of gold, gold-filled is much more durable and long lasting.
There are 3 basic levels of gold jewelry. Solid gold, gold-filled, and gold plated.
- Solid gold contains the most gold, with 24 karat gold containing 100% gold. Gold-filled jewelry typically contains 5% solid gold in weight, while gold plated contains about 0.001% solid gold in weight.
- The process of making gold filled jewelry is much different to gold plated jewelry. Gold plated uses an electroplating process that quickly dips your jewelry in gold. With gold-filled, the thick layer of gold is pressure bonded onto the base metal, resulting in a very strong and durable ‘plating’.
- Gold-filled lasts 10x more than gold plated, making it hypoallergenic for those who cannot wear gold plated. Longer life times mean you are also producing less waste and saving money over time from having to buy more cheap jewelry.
- Read our blog post for more in depths explanation on gold-filled!
See our COVID-19 Updates here.
AUSTRALIAStandard delivery (3-6 business days) for orders <$49 - $6.00
For orders $49-$99, standard delivery (3-6 business days) is free of charge.
For orders over $99, your order is shipped express (1-2 business days), free of charge.
For orders under $99, express shipping (1-2 business days) is only $10.00.
All domestic deliveries are shipped through Australia Post. Tracking is available. Should you require signature upon delivery please contact email@example.com.
INTERNATIONALStandard delivery (5-14 business days) - $10.00
For orders over $80, standard delivery (5-10 business days) is free of charge.
All international deliveries are shipped through DHL and comes with tracking. We do not offer express delivery to international destinations at the moment.
Estimated international shipping times can be found below.
New Zealand: 3-5 business days
North America: 7-12 business days
Europe: 5-12 business days
Asia Pacific: 5-12 business days
Everywhere else: 7-14 business days
View our full care guide here.