St'X Pendant Necklace
St'X, short for Southern Cross, is the focus of this necklace. Taking a more minimal approach, we wanted this necklace to be perfect for any occasion, for any day of the week. Made from high quality 9K Gold fill that is pressure bonded onto Sterling Silver base, she is safe for sensitive skin and will last a long time.
- Size: 10mm pendant on 18 inch chain + 1inch extender
- Features 4x 1.1mm & 1x 1.2mm white topaz
- Material: 9K Gold-Filled on top of Sterling Silver
- Tarnish resistant, hypoallergenic, safe for sensitive skin
- Made ethically in Mumbai, India
The Southern Cross Constellation
The Southern Cross has been a part of Australia’s Indigenous cosmology for millennia. Named Crux Australis and identified with the southern continents, it is considered Australia’s oldest symbol.
Gold-filled is the closest alternative to solid gold. Gold filled jewelry has a thick layer of solid gold bonded onto the base layer, usually brass or sterling silver. Compared to gold plated which uses a process of electroplating that quickly dips your jewelry in gold, resulting in a miniscule layer of gold, gold-filled is much more durable and long lasting.
There are 3 basic levels of gold jewelry. Solid gold, gold-filled, and gold plated.
- Solid gold contains the most gold, with 24 karat gold containing 100% gold. Gold-filled jewelry typically contains 5% solid gold in weight, while gold plated contains about 0.001% solid gold in weight.
- The process of making gold filled jewelry is much different to gold plated jewelry. Gold plated uses an electroplating process that quickly dips your jewelry in gold. With gold-filled, the thick layer of gold is pressure bonded onto the base metal, resulting in a very strong and durable ‘plating’.
- Gold-filled lasts 10x more than gold plated, making it hypoallergenic for those who cannot wear gold plated. Longer life times mean you are also producing less waste and saving money over time from having to buy more cheap jewelry.
- Read our blog post for more in depths explanation on gold-filled!
See our COVID-19 Updates here.
AUSTRALIAStandard delivery (3-6 business days) for orders <$49 - $6.00
For orders $49-$99, standard delivery (3-6 business days) is free of charge.
For orders over $99, your order is shipped express (1-2 business days), free of charge.
For orders under $99, express shipping (1-2 business days) is only $10.00.
All domestic deliveries are shipped through Australia Post. Tracking is available. Should you require signature upon delivery please contact email@example.com.
INTERNATIONALStandard delivery (5-14 business days) - $10.00
For orders over $80, standard delivery (5-10 business days) is free of charge.
All international deliveries are shipped through DHL and comes with tracking. We do not offer express delivery to international destinations at the moment.
Estimated international shipping times can be found below.
New Zealand: 3-5 business days
North America: 7-12 business days
Europe: 5-12 business days
Asia Pacific: 5-12 business days
Everywhere else: 7-14 business days
View our full care guide here.
I've been wearing this everyday since I've gotten it. I purchased the matching signet ring to go with it. Excellent quality.
Beautiful necklace! I adore it and wear it everyday. It is stunning and also extremely well crafted. Get lots of compliments on it :)
i'm so happy with ST'x necklace - perfect to wear on its own or to be layered, :) the piece is so symbolic in itself and will forever remind me of my time in australia, such a beautiful collection it was so hard to choose! the package was also very thoughtful, eco-friendly and just adorably put together, what a joy to receive!