In ancient China, magnolias were thought to be the perfect symbols of womanly beauty and gentleness. It ties together what our mothers and grandmothers taught us about looking after oneself to generate beauty from within. Our Magnolia collection of pieces in collaboration with Taiwanese artist Lydia Chen brings 'self-love' to an experimental and heartful new meaning.
A hand-drawn magnolia with laser-cut outlines, hand-finished and made ethically with tarnish resistant 9 karat gold filled. An artful collaboration with Lydia Chen, a Melbourne-based watercolour artist specializing in beautiful flower bouquets.
- Size: 32x19mm
- Featuring hand-drawn magnolia, laser cut outline and hand-finished
- Inspired by the inner beauty that magnolias represent
- Made with durable 9 karat gold fill
- Tarnish resistant, hypoallergenic, safe for sensitive skin
- Made ethically in Mumbai, India
About Magnolia + Iris
Inspired by the beautiful rich history of our own families, and forever inspired by our grandma's jewellery box, Magnolia + Iris is a dedication to our mothers and grandmothers. With reminiscent designs incorporating our love for all things vintage, we hope this collection sparks happiness and joy to your own journey with your mothers and grandmothers.
Gold-filled is the closest alternative to solid gold. Gold filled jewelry has a thick layer of solid gold bonded onto the base layer, usually brass or sterling silver. Compared to gold plated which uses a process of electroplating that quickly dips your jewelry in gold, resulting in a miniscule layer of gold, gold-filled is much more durable and long lasting.
There are 3 basic levels of gold jewelry. Solid gold, gold-filled, and gold plated.
- Solid gold contains the most gold, with 24 karat gold containing 100% gold. Gold-filled jewelry typically contains 5% solid gold in weight, while gold plated contains about 0.001% solid gold in weight.
- The process of making gold filled jewelry is much different to gold plated jewelry. Gold plated uses an electroplating process that quickly dips your jewelry in gold. With gold-filled, the thick layer of gold is pressure bonded onto the base metal, resulting in a very strong and durable ‘plating’.
- Gold-filled lasts 10x more than gold plated, making it hypoallergenic for those who cannot wear gold plated. Longer life times mean you are also producing less waste and saving money over time from having to buy more cheap jewelry.
- Read our blog post for more in depths explanation on gold-filled!
See our COVID-19 Updates here.
AUSTRALIAStandard delivery (3-6 business days) for orders <$49 - $6.00
For orders $49-$99, standard delivery (3-6 business days) is free of charge.
For orders over $99, your order is shipped express (1-2 business days), free of charge.
For orders under $99, express shipping (1-2 business days) is only $10.00.
All domestic deliveries are shipped through Australia Post. Tracking is available. Should you require signature upon delivery please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
INTERNATIONALStandard delivery (5-14 business days) - $10.00
For orders over $80, standard delivery (5-10 business days) is free of charge.
All international deliveries are shipped through DHL and comes with tracking. We do not offer express delivery to international destinations at the moment.
Estimated international shipping times can be found below.
New Zealand: 3-5 business days
North America: 7-12 business days
Europe: 5-12 business days
Asia Pacific: 5-12 business days
Everywhere else: 7-14 business days
View our full care guide here.