Iris Pendant Necklace
Iris Pendant Necklace
The Iris pendant is a classical interpretation of the iris flower, whose named after the Greek Goddess Iris, and is casted in 9 karat gold fill with a stunning 18 inch gold filled chain.
- Size: 14x19 mm pendant
- Featuring an etched hand-drawn illustration of an iris flower, with carved out leaves on the edges, made in durable 9 karat gold filled
- Thickness 1.5mm
- 20 inch / 50 cm Figaro 18k gold filled chain
- Inspired by our grandmother Iris
- Tarnish resistant, hypoallergenic, safe for sensitive skin
- Made ethically in Mumbai, India
Iris is one of my grandmothers, who is a beam of light to others in everything she does. Despite the hardships she and our family has experienced in the past year, she stays strong, and this pendant is inspired by the flower that she is named after.
The Iris flower was named after the ancient Greek Goddess Iris, a messenger to the gods who was thought to use the rainbow as a bridge between heaven and earth. She symbolizes faith, hope, and wisdom.
About Magnolia + Iris
Inspired by the beautiful rich history of our own families, and forever inspired by our grandma's jewellery box, Magnolia + Iris is a dedication to our mothers and grandmothers. With reminiscent designs incorporating our love for all things vintage, we hope this collection sparks happiness and joy to your own journey with your mothers and grandmothers.
Gold-filled is the closest alternative to solid gold. Gold filled jewelry has a thick layer of solid gold bonded onto the base layer, usually brass or sterling silver. Compared to gold plated which uses a process of electroplating that quickly dips your jewelry in gold, resulting in a miniscule layer of gold, gold-filled is much more durable and long lasting.
There are 3 basic levels of gold jewelry. Solid gold, gold-filled, and gold plated.
- Solid gold contains the most gold, with 24 karat gold containing 100% gold. Gold-filled jewelry typically contains 5% solid gold in weight, while gold plated contains about 0.001% solid gold in weight.
- The process of making gold filled jewelry is much different to gold plated jewelry. Gold plated uses an electroplating process that quickly dips your jewelry in gold. With gold-filled, the thick layer of gold is pressure bonded onto the base metal, resulting in a very strong and durable ‘plating’.
- Gold-filled lasts 10x more than gold plated, making it hypoallergenic for those who cannot wear gold plated. Longer life times mean you are also producing less waste and saving money over time from having to buy more cheap jewelry.
- Read our blog post for more in depths explanation on gold-filled!
See our COVID-19 Updates here.
AUSTRALIAStandard delivery (3-6 business days) for orders <$49 - $6.00
For orders $49-$99, standard delivery (3-6 business days) is free of charge.
For orders over $99, your order is shipped express (1-2 business days), free of charge.
For orders under $99, express shipping (1-2 business days) is only $10.00.
All domestic deliveries are shipped through Australia Post. Tracking is available. Should you require signature upon delivery please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
INTERNATIONALStandard delivery (5-14 business days) - $10.00
For orders over $80, standard delivery (5-10 business days) is free of charge.
All international deliveries are shipped through DHL and comes with tracking. We do not offer express delivery to international destinations at the moment.
Estimated international shipping times can be found below.
New Zealand: 3-5 business days
North America: 7-12 business days
Europe: 5-12 business days
Asia Pacific: 5-12 business days
Everywhere else: 7-14 business days
View our full care guide here.
Such a beautiful piece! will be wearing it every day 💛
I’d been looking to get this necklace for so long and finally caved! I love the design and the quality, and having this piece makes me excited to grow my S-Kin jewellery collection!! Thanks so much Chi and team :)
I adore this necklace, and if it stands the test of time as it claims I'll adore it even more with each passing year!
Although the box is lovely, I just wish it had come with a little pouch as shown on one of the other pictures.
The quality, the shine, the design and the customer service! This is my 3rd necklace from s-Kin and I will be ordering more in the future.
so beautiful! the chain is so pretty and delicate, perfect for layering and everyday wear!! can't wait to order more from s-kin :))