Hien Dainty Teardrop Necklace
Hien Dainty Teardrop Necklace
or make 4 interest-free payments of $33.00 AUD fortnightly with More info
Inspired by my mothers heirloom necklace, the Hien Dainty Teardrop Necklace was made to add a hint of gold on your special day.
materials & dimensions
18K Gold Fill
Chain Length: 18 inch cable chain + 1.5 inch extension
- Pendant Dimensions: 12 mm x 4mm
THE GOOD STUFF
STORY BEHIND THE DESIGN
This piece is named after my mother, Hien. Inspired by an heirloom piece that has since been passed down to me, she gave me this necklace to wear on my wedding day. This minimal and delicate design simply adds a hint of gold and despite its small stature holds a wealth of memories and moments of love.
Inspired by my mother's heirloom necklace, this Hein Dainty Teardrop Necklace was made to add a hint of gold on your special day.
Materials & Dimensions
- 18K Gold Fill
- Chain Length: 18 inch cable chain + 1.5 inch extension
- Pendant Dimensions: 12mm length x 4mm width
About the Enchanted Collection:
Inspired by founder Chi Mai's own bridal experience, we wanted to create a unique selection of bridal and occasion wear jewelry in the finest and most exquisite materials. Ranging from 18K Gold Fill Rings with ethically created moissanite to 18K Recycled Sold Gold Rings with breath-taking ethically sourced diamonds, we've got something to suit all your dreams and desires. Truly made to last forever, we hope that the Enchanted Collection will follow you for generations to come.
Gold-filled is the closest alternative to solid gold. Gold filled jewelry has a thick layer of solid gold bonded onto the base layer, usually brass or sterling silver. Compared to gold plated which uses a process of electroplating that quickly dips your jewelry in gold, resulting in a miniscule layer of gold, gold-filled is much more durable and long lasting.
There are 3 basic levels of gold jewelry. Solid gold, gold-filled, and gold plated.
- Solid gold contains the most gold, with 24 karat gold containing 100% gold. Gold-filled jewelry typically contains 5% solid gold in weight, while gold plated contains about 0.001% solid gold in weight.
- The process of making gold filled jewelry is much different to gold plated jewelry. Gold plated uses an electroplating process that quickly dips your jewelry in gold. With gold-filled, the thick layer of gold is pressure bonded onto the base metal, resulting in a very strong and durable ‘plating’.
- Gold-filled lasts 10x more than gold plated, making it hypoallergenic for those who cannot wear gold plated. Longer life times mean you are also producing less waste and saving money over time from having to buy more cheap jewelry.
- Read our blog post for more in depths explanation on gold-filled!
See our COVID-19 Updates here.
AUSTRALIAStandard delivery (3-6 business days) for orders <$49 - $6.00
For orders $49-$99, standard delivery (3-6 business days) is free of charge.
For orders over $99, your order is shipped express (1-2 business days), free of charge.
For orders under $99, express shipping (1-2 business days) is only $10.00.
All domestic deliveries are shipped through Australia Post. Tracking is available. Should you require signature upon delivery please contact email@example.com.
INTERNATIONALStandard delivery (5-14 business days) - $10.00
For orders over $80, standard delivery (5-10 business days) is free of charge.
All international deliveries are shipped through DHL and comes with tracking. We do not offer express delivery to international destinations at the moment.
Estimated international shipping times can be found below.
New Zealand: 3-5 business days
North America: 7-12 business days
Europe: 5-12 business days
Asia Pacific: 5-12 business days
Everywhere else: 7-14 business days
View our full care guide here.