Epsilon Beaded Choker
or make 4 interest-free payments of $38.00 AUD fortnightly with More info
Named after Epsilon Crucis (or Ginan), the smallest star in the Southern Cross constellation. The Epsilon choker features nine star-like bead charms which resembles the Crux constellation. Made from 9K gold filled pressure bonded on sterling silver layer, Epsilon is friendly for sensitive skin and will last a long time.
- Features 9x 5mm bead charms
- Length: 13 inch (33cm) + 2.5 inch extender
- Material: 9K Gold-Filled on top of Sterling Silver
- Tarnish resistant, hypoallergenic, safe for sensitive skin
- Made ethically in Mumbai, India
The Southern Cross Constellation
The Southern Cross has been a part of Australia’s Indigenous cosmology for millennia. Named Crux Australis and identified with the southern continents, it is considered Australia’s oldest symbol.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the base metal?
The base metal of Waratah pieces are 925 Sterling Silver.
2. How is this collection ethical?
Read about our ethical manufacturing & ethos. We have also kept the packaging of this collection minimal to be in line with our current sustainability practices.
3. Why 9 karat gold fill (instead of 14k gold fill)?
The decision to move to 9 karat gold fill is because of price; it simply is better value to you. With gold fill, 9k and 14k are relatively similar in longevity, due to the manufacturing process of the thick gold being heat bonded onto sterling silver. The minor difference is that the concentration of copper in 9 karat gold is higher than 14k, so if you are sensitive to copper, avoid using 9k for prolonged periods of time.
4. Why is this collection higher priced than your normal items?
Waratah is ethically manufactured, done in small runs (as a small business, unfortunately huge runs are not possible), and are bespoke, unique designs that you won't find anywhere else, and so the pricing reflects all these points. Our normal collection are hand assembled in Melbourne but its components are sourced worldwide and is not exclusive to us. Waratah is truly one of a kind, and is a truly unique and special addition to your jewellery collection.
5. Is Waratah a permanent collection?
At the moment, Waratah is a permanent collection, however production runs is limited to once a month. You can subscribe to notifications to any products that are out of stock to be notified when they come back in stock!
6. When is the second drop of Waratah launching?
The second drop of Waratah, with 8 more designs, will be launching on November 12th at 12PM AEST.
Gold-filled is the closest alternative to solid gold. Gold filled jewelry has a thick layer of solid gold bonded onto the base layer, usually brass or sterling silver. Compared to gold plated which uses a process of electroplating that quickly dips your jewelry in gold, resulting in a miniscule layer of gold, gold-filled is much more durable and long lasting.
There are 3 basic levels of gold jewelry. Solid gold, gold-filled, and gold plated.
- Solid gold contains the most gold, with 24 karat gold containing 100% gold. Gold-filled jewelry typically contains 5% solid gold in weight, while gold plated contains about 0.001% solid gold in weight.
- The process of making gold filled jewelry is much different to gold plated jewelry. Gold plated uses an electroplating process that quickly dips your jewelry in gold. With gold-filled, the thick layer of gold is pressure bonded onto the base metal, resulting in a very strong and durable ‘plating’.
- Gold-filled lasts 10x more than gold plated, making it hypoallergenic for those who cannot wear gold plated. Longer life times mean you are also producing less waste and saving money over time from having to buy more cheap jewelry.
- Read our blog post for more in depths explanation on gold-filled!
AUSTRALIAStandard delivery (3-6 business days) for orders <$49 - $6.00
For orders $49-$99, standard delivery (3-6 business days) is free of charge.
For orders over $99, your order is shipped express (1-2 business days), free of charge.
For orders under $99, express shipping (1-2 business days) is only $10.00.
All domestic deliveries are shipped through Australia Post. Tracking is available. Should you require signature upon delivery please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
INTERNATIONALStandard delivery (5-14 business days) - $10.00
For orders over $80, standard delivery (5-10 business days) is free of charge.
All international deliveries are shipped through DHL and comes with tracking. We do not offer express delivery to international destinations at the moment.
Estimated international shipping times can be found below.
New Zealand: 3-5 business days
North America: 7-12 business days
Europe: 5-12 business days
Asia Pacific: 5-12 business days
Everywhere else: 7-14 business days