Gilded Heart Pendant Necklace
Gilded Heart Pendant Necklace
or make 4 interest-free payments of $31.75 AUD fortnightly with More info
The gilded heart pendant is inspired by my grandmother's vintage heart pendant that she wears every day.
materials & dimensions
THE GOOD STUFF
Gift wrapping available
GOLD FILLED VS GOLD PLATED
- Tarnishes quickly
- May irritate sensitive skin
- Can be worn in water
- Tarnish resistant & long lasting
- Lasts forever
- Most hypoallergenic
STORY BEHIND THE DESIGN
Inspired by the beautiful rich history of our own families, and our continual curiosity of the insides of our grandma's jewellery box, the Magnolia + Iris Collection is a dedication to our mothers and grandmothers. With reminiscent designs incorporating our love for all things vintage, we hope this collection sparks happiness and joy within your own journey with your loved ones.
Gold-filled is the closest alternative to solid gold. Gold filled jewelry has a thick layer of solid gold bonded onto the base layer, usually brass or sterling silver. Compared to gold plated which uses a process of electroplating that quickly dips your jewelry in gold, resulting in a miniscule layer of gold, gold-filled is much more durable and long lasting.
There are 3 basic levels of gold jewelry. Solid gold, gold-filled, and gold plated.
- Solid gold contains the most gold, with 24 karat gold containing 100% gold. Gold-filled jewelry typically contains 5% solid gold in weight, while gold plated contains about 0.001% solid gold in weight.
- The process of making gold filled jewelry is much different to gold plated jewelry. Gold plated uses an electroplating process that quickly dips your jewelry in gold. With gold-filled, the thick layer of gold is pressure bonded onto the base metal, resulting in a very strong and durable ‘plating’.
- Gold-filled lasts 10x more than gold plated, making it hypoallergenic for those who cannot wear gold plated. Longer life times mean you are also producing less waste and saving money over time from having to buy more cheap jewelry.
- Read our blog post for more in depths explanation on gold-filled!
See our COVID-19 Updates here.
AUSTRALIAStandard delivery (3-6 business days) for orders <$49 - $6.00
For orders $49-$99, standard delivery (3-6 business days) is free of charge.
For orders over $99, your order is shipped express (1-2 business days), free of charge.
For orders under $99, express shipping (1-2 business days) is only $10.00.
All domestic deliveries are shipped through Australia Post. Tracking is available. Should you require signature upon delivery please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
INTERNATIONALStandard delivery (5-14 business days) - $10.00
For orders over $80, standard delivery (5-10 business days) is free of charge.
All international deliveries are shipped through DHL and comes with tracking. We do not offer express delivery to international destinations at the moment.
Estimated international shipping times can be found below.
New Zealand: 3-5 business days
North America: 7-12 business days
Europe: 5-12 business days
Asia Pacific: 5-12 business days
Everywhere else: 7-14 business days
View our full care guide here.
This necklace is everything you need in an everyday piece, beautiful, dainty and timeless. I received it as a gift and it's now one of my favourite pieces in my collection. I have bought from s-kin studio before and have never been disappointed. I recommend this website to all my friends. Love everything & can't recommend enough!!
So happy with my purchase. Item arrived in a few short days. Sweetly packaged with biodegradable wrapping. Necklace sits perfectly on me and looks so pretty. Good by its self or as a layer necklace. Please note, I am a fussy gal and I recommend you buy this necklace today.
Thank you from a happy customer xx
I’m really glad I bought this. It‘s the perfect multiple purpose piece to invest in. It has the ability to enhance an everyday outfit with an air of effortless chic while also being able to create a subtle statement with a more dressed up look.