Rebecca Medallion Necklace
or make 4 interest-free payments of $21.25 AUD fortnightly with More info
Named after one of our dearest friends, Rebecca will be by your side for a very long time as she is made of 14K Gold Filled. Featuring a St Christopher medallion with intricate detailing on a fine chain, she won't disappoint as an every day favourite.
- Size: 22mm pendant on 20 inch gold-filled/sterling silver cable chain + 1.5inch extender
- Material: 14K/20 Gold-filled pendant & chain / Sterling Silver pendant & chain
- Hypoallergenic, nickel free, safe for sensitive skin
Gold-filled is the closest alternative to solid gold. Gold filled jewelry has a thick layer of solid gold bonded onto the base layer, usually brass or sterling silver. Compared to gold plated which uses a process of electroplating that quickly dips your jewelry in gold, resulting in a miniscule layer of gold, gold-filled is much more durable and long lasting.
There are 3 basic levels of gold jewelry. Solid gold, gold-filled, and gold plated.
- Solid gold contains the most gold, with 24 karat gold containing 100% gold. Gold-filled jewelry typically contains 5% solid gold in weight, while gold plated contains about 0.001% solid gold in weight.
- The process of making gold filled jewelry is much different to gold plated jewelry. Gold plated uses an electroplating process that quickly dips your jewelry in gold. With gold-filled, the thick layer of gold is pressure bonded onto the base metal, resulting in a very strong and durable ‘plating’.
- Gold-filled lasts 10x more than gold plated, making it hypoallergenic for those who cannot wear gold plated. Longer life times mean you are also producing less waste and saving money over time from having to buy more cheap jewelry.
- Read our blog post for more in depths explanation on gold-filled!
AUSTRALIAStandard delivery (3-6 business days) for orders <$49 - $6.00
For orders $49-$99, standard delivery (3-6 business days) is free of charge.
For orders over $99, your order is shipped express (1-2 business days), free of charge.
For orders under $99, express shipping (1-2 business days) is only $10.00.
All domestic deliveries are shipped through Australia Post. Tracking is available. Should you require signature upon delivery please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
INTERNATIONALStandard delivery (5-14 business days) - $10.00
For orders over $80, standard delivery (5-10 business days) is free of charge.
All international deliveries are shipped through DHL and comes with tracking. We do not offer express delivery to international destinations at the moment.
Estimated international shipping times can be found below.
New Zealand: 3-5 business days
North America: 7-12 business days
Europe: 5-12 business days
Asia Pacific: 5-12 business days
Everywhere else: 7-14 business days
I just received my necklace and I absolutely love it, It is everything you want in a necklace and would really go with anything. So happy to support Chi and loved the handwritten notes and skittles with the package (Also the compostable packaging!). Thanks so much :) X
Purchased this and the Jules necklace and I'm so happy with my new necklaces. The quality is great and looks so pretty!
Couldn't decide what to get for our anniversary and asked Chi for help. She was very helpful and sweet. She even slipped in a pack of skittles for my girlfriend with card wishing us a happy anniversary. The necklace was as beautiful as it looks in the pictures and doesn't feel cheap like jewellery off other online stores. It goes along so well with pretty much any dress. We're absolutely pleased with the quality and experience, this is exactly what you're looking for when shopping online.
Truly can't decide which one I love more. I am super glad that I got both! They look so fine and cute separate and when layered together. This is the perfect coin necklace I have been looking for! It is also not heavy which I love. Great material and classic design + longevity is what caught me in the eye.
What convinced me to finally purchase from S-kin Studio Jewelry was their blog post on gold jewelry (gold plated, vermeil, gold-filled, solid gold). I have ‘acidic’ skin so poorly made jewelry aka fast fashion finds turn bronze or black in the span of a few days. Waste of money! Then I had a few exchanges with Chi and she was very kind and helpful. My order arrived way before expected delivery date, packaging was very dainty and personal - there was even a handwritten note! It also included some candy which was a really sweet touch.
As for the jewelry, I’m in love. I’ve been wearing my Rebecca medallion necklace everyday since I’ve gotten it. Will definitely purchase again next time!